Home Repair and Rehab
Your gifts are rebuilding communities one home at a time.
Interfaith Housing Services believes everyone deserves to live in a safe and healthy home. Our lasting impact helps stabilize and revitalize neighborhoods by providing critical home repairs and accessibility modifications.
Example Projects include:
• Installing grab bars
• Building wheelchair ramps
• Brush Up Hutch painting and repair projects
• Fixing handrails on stairs
• Many other handyman projects
To apply for assistance through the Homeowner Occupied Repair program you must meet the following criteria:
- Reside in Reno County, Kansas.
- Be over the age of 60.
- Live in a single family home in which you hold the deed.
- Be current on your property taxes.
- Must meet income guidelines. (For information on the current income qualifications, please call Jeff at the number below.)
***If you do not meet these criteria, please refer to the links below. ***
If these criteria are met then inquirers are asked to complete a Home Repair and Rehabilitation Application and return with the required documentation (listed below) to: Interfaith Housing Services, PO Box 1987 Hutchinson, KS 67504.
- If employed, then include previous three months (consecutive) pay stubs
- If receiving Social Security, or Supplement Security Income, then include current awards letter
- If you have any bank accounts or other assets, then please include previous three months (consecutive) bank statements for each account
- Please include proof of home-ownership and proof that your property taxes are current